Christmas Crochet in July
Yeah, it’s August, but construction of these two crochet experiments took place last month, so I feel justified. 🙂 The Robin stocking was an improvisation based on this pattern. The yarn was significantly thinner than the example, and required many more rows until I could begin the heel. And I decided to use a spectrum…
Herb-an Studies: Experiments with Rosemary and Thyme
I recently bought fresh rosemary and thyme to season some vegetables I was roasting. Typically I just settle for the dry variety since these are “second-tier” herbs for me. Needless to say, I had plenty to spare once the dish was done.
One of my nasty habits is buying things I only need for one dish and then forgetting about them until they’ve gone bad and I have to throw them away. Determined not to let the leftover herbs go to waste, I decided to experiment with a series of recipes that would use them up (or at least make a dent) while they remained fresh. To up the ante, I vowed to accomplish this using only ingredients I already had in hand.